SNIS Award description
This award of CHF 10’000 is for authors who have published their theses in the domain of international studies whose findings are accessible to a wider audience and relevant to the work of international Organisations.
Check Your Eligibility
Entrants shouldn’t be older than 35 years-old and should have completed their PHD in the previous year with a grade equivalent at summa cum laude. You will find more detailed eligibility criteria below.
Meet the Deadline
Each year the call opens in Spring, usually around end-February. Do not miss the next SNIS Award selection by subscribing to our newsletter and following us on our social media!
- Entrants must have received their PhD degree in a Swiss University in the previous calendar year. The relevant date is that of the presentation of the thesis or, in case the Faculty’s rules require a formal validation of the result, the date of the validation.
- Entrants must have received either «summa cum laude» or a mark equal or superior to 5.5. If the thesis was defended in a University that does not use grades, the jury reports must be included with the application.
- Entrants under 35 years at the time of the submission are preferred. Entrants do not need to be citizens or residents of Switzerland.
- The thesis question(s) must be in the field of the International Studies, as defined above.
- The thesis must be written in either German, French or English.
- Theses based on multiple and co-authored papers are accepted. Papers written with members of the SNIS Governing Committee or the SNIS Award jury are not eligible.
- Theses written as part of a SNIS funded research project are not eligible.
- Click on the “Submit your Thesis” link on the right. The form will appear in a new window.
- Fill in all the necessary sumbission fields.
- Submit the form. Please note: once you have submitted the form you can no longer edit it!
- You will then receive an email that confirms your submission.