SNIS Award description
This award of CHF 10’000 is for authors who have published their theses in the domain of international studies whose findings are accessible to a wider audience and relevant to the work of International Organisations.
Check Your Eligibility
Entrants should not be older than 35 years-old and should have completed their PHD in the previous year with a grade equivalent with “summa cum laude”. You will find more detailed eligibility criteria below.
Meet the Deadline
The submission deadline is April 1st, 2023 – 13:00h (Swiss Time )
Each year the call opens in Spring, usually around end-February. Do not miss the next SNIS Award selection by subscribing to our newsletter and following us on our social media!
- Entrants must have received their PhD degree in a Swiss University in the previous calendar year. The relevant date is that of the presentation of the thesis or, in case the Faculty’s rules require a formal validation of the result, the date of the validation.
- Entrants must have received either «summa cum laude» or a mark equal or superior to 5.5. If the thesis was defended in a University that does not use grades, the jury reports must be included with the application.
- Entrants under 35 years at the time of the submission are preferred. Entrants do not need to be citizens or residents of Switzerland.
- The thesis question(s) must be in the field of the International Studies, as defined above.
- You must provide two supporting letters, one coming from the thesis supervisor and/or chairperson of the thesis committee, the other from any professor in the field or an additional member of the jury. These letters should comment on the special quality and significance of the thesis.
- The thesis must be written in either German, French or English.
- Theses based on multiple and co-authored papers are accepted. Papers written with members of the SNIS Governing Committee or the SNIS Award jury are not eligible.
- Theses written as part of a SNIS funded research project are not eligible.
- Click on the “Submit your Thesis” link on the right. The form will appear in a new window.
- Fill in all the necessary sumbission fields.
- Submit the form. Please note: once you have submitted the form you can no longer edit it!
- You will then receive an email that confirms your submission.