IG Award description
Know the Award
This award of CHF 5’000 is for is for authors who have published their papers in the domain of international studies whose findings are accessible to a wider audience and relevant to the work of international Organisations.
Check Your Eligibility
Entrants must be researchers working at post-doctoral level and above who have published academic papers in international studies in the previous year. You will find more detailed eligibility criteria below.
Meet the Deadline
The deadline for the IG Award submission is 28. October 2021 12:00 CET.
- Entrants must be professors or researchers at a post-doctoral level working in a Swiss university at the time of the paper’s publication. They do not need to be citizens or residents of Switzerland. Only one submission per person per year (or group of persons in the case papers are co-authored) is allowed.
- Papers must either have been accepted for publication at the time of submission (proof required), or have been published in a scientific journal after the 1st September 2020.
- The research described in the paper must be in the field of international studies, as defined above.
- Papers must be submitted in one of the three following languages: English, French or German, with a substantive abstract in English. All material in another language must have a full translation in English, French or German included in the submission, as well as a substantive abstract in English.
- Papers written as part of a SNIS funded research project are not eligible.
- Papers written by members of the International Geneva Committee and their families, as well as members of the Governing Committee are not eligible.
- Click on the “Submit here” link above. The form will appear in a new window.
- Fill in all the necessary sumbission fields. You have the option to save as a draft and come back to the form later (a link will be provided, optionally sent to your email).
- Submit the form. Please note: once you have submitted the form you can no longer edit it!
- You will then receive an email that confirms your submission.
- Applicants submitting a paper that is not yet published must additionally submit a proof of publication approval.